Sunday 17 July 2016

Summer as a Mum Boss

The Summer holidays are nearly upon us and, for some of you, they may already have started. As a Mum who juggles both work and parenting (the official Instagram title being 'Mum Boss') I've thought long and hard about how I'm going to tackle the six weeks ahead.

Juggling is a tricky act at the best of times and, this year, work has fallen into the gaps of nursery and nap time and evenings. I love what I do and feel very lucky that I can balance work and home life, I always get to be there for nursery picks up and end of term shows and don't have to think of the logistics of 'time off'. The 6 week summer holidays will throw this carefully balanced routine up in the air, and I've had to decide how I'm going rearrange things. I want to whole heartedly enjoy summer days as a Mum (my last holidays with Wilf before he starts school, waahhhhh!) without feeling the pressure of work and I certainly don't want to have to work EVERY evening in order to catch up on the days. So, somethings got to give.
From Tuesday this week I'll be extending my lead times on Not On The High Street to give me a bit more time to get those lovely personalised orders hand printed and out of the door. The same will be the case for any personalised orders made via the little maldod shop. At the moment I try to get these dispatched within a couple of working days but this will be extended to ten working days over the Summer.

All other orders (including non personalised items) will be wrapped dispatched on Tuesdays and Thursdays/Fridays. Of course if, like me, you leave things to the last minute and need something popped in the post at short notice, you can always drop me a line with a plea and I'll always do my best to accommodate.

I'm hoping that by pencilling in some structured work time I'll get the right balance for us all. We've already started making lists of things we want to do over the Summer, camp fires and ice creams are the top of Wilf's list. We might even revisit our lucky dip 'fun jar' which we put together last Summer, you can read the blog post I featured it in here.

Things will change again from September when Wilf goes to school full time and Anwen has some nursery days. Fingers crossed these changes might even get me some more evenings back as we head into the Autumn (or not, if last Christmas was anything to go by!)

If you're a Mum Boss I'd love to know how you juggle work and home life and, if you have children of school age, how you'll be handling the Summer holidays. There's no winning formula but I know that sharing strategies and tips is always helpful. Please do leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you as always for your ongoing support for my small business, you'll never know quite how much it means. As a little extra thanks you can enjoy FREE delivery until Midnight tomorrow (Monday 18th July) when you spend over £10. Just enter 'schoolsout' at the checkout. You can visit the shop by clicking here.

With love and wishes, for a fun filled Summer.
Lowri x







No comments:

Post a Comment