Thursday 8 October 2015

An Autumn Moment

When we arrived home from our holiday last Saturday evening, the moment I stepped out of the airport I finally felt able to embrace Autumn.

There had certainly been signs of it before we went away, a change in the air, fallen leaves and need for a jumper on the odd morning, but I was resisting it. There was something about knowing that I still had a week of (hopefully) hot sunny beach days that kept me from rushing into the new season. 

Now we're back though, my feet haven't touched the ground. I've been flat out preparing for the Autumn/Winter range in the shop (which you can find here), thrown back into the nursery routine and attempting to fend of coughs, colds and nasty bugs. Unlike our lazy week away, this week has been fast paced and I've hardly taken a moment, let alone appreciate one of my favourite times of the year.

So when I was scrolling through last week's posts in the #mythursdaybreaktime gallery, this beautiful image and description jumped out immediately. 
It was captured by Jessica, who's IG feed and stunning blog @thewoodlandwife has become a firm favourite. The picture is accompanied by the following: "This morning we walked and walked and walked; she paused at one point, seemingly taking in the view and when I asked what she was doing, for the second time today, she reply "I watching the leaves turn yellow."

I love everything about this, the beautiful view, the fact that Jessica lives in a wood and can walk and walk and walk. But most of all, I love that this little lady has all the time in the world to just stand and watch the leaves turn yellow. 

For my break today I fancy doing just that. 

Do join me in sharing your breaktime moments this Thursday. My favourite post this month will win a place on a Modern Calligraphy workshop with Quill London. If you can't make a workshop then there's a fab Calligraphy starter set up for grabs. Do make sure you tag your photos with @littlemaldod and @quilllondon to enter them into the giveaway. 

Wishing you a lovely day, in whatever season you find yourself in. X 

No comments:

Post a Comment