Friday 17 July 2015

Bowls Full of Berries

We're enjoying bowl fulls of allotment fruit at the moment, something I'd been looking forward to ever since we were given our neglected, overgrown plot in December.

The pickings are so frequent that we're only just keeping up with the berries that are coming from the fruit cage. The children adore fruit, so much so that "burrberries" and "barbberries" are amongst Anwen's first words.

On Wednesday this week I opened the fridge and noticed a few tubs and bowls of berries which had gone from plump and juicy looking to soggy and squished. They were beyond looking appetising so I decided to make a spontaneous pudding to use them all up.

Made up of just three simple elements, it was so easy but absolutely delicious, so I thought I'd share it with you here.

I'm calling it my 'Nearly-over-but-still-delicious Summer berry pudding'

I started off with a third of a pack of ginger biscuits, and then stirred in a knob of melted butter.
I pressed the biscuit base down into a ramekin (using my handy lemon squeezer).
I added a couple of spoon fulls of warm fruit compote (including raspberries, gooseberries and blackcurrants) which I had gently stewed in a pan.
Then topped it off with a few scoops of Vanilla ice cream.
The ginger biscuit base complimented the fruit really well and the cold ice cream melted into the fruit beautifully. A truely simple Summertime pud. 

Do let me know if you give it a go or try your own variations this weekend.

Lowri x


2 comments:

  1. This looks so tasty and such a good idea with some really simple steps. Might have to try this one out! x

    ReplyDelete