Monday 6 January 2014

Cupcakes, Owls and Scotty Dogs

Hello!
 
Happy New Year, I hope 2014 has started just the way you want it to. I read earlier that today is the most "depressing day of the year", so thought I would hit back with a bit of happiness, coming to you in the form of photos of the new little maldod range and a great offer on our vests! Yes that's TWO good things to be happy about!

I was busy in the little maldod workroom at the end of last week and launched a new line of vests, gifts and cards on the shop today. I've got some other things up my sleeve so will be adding to this over the coming weeks. After making up the stock I only left myself yesterday afternoon to get it all photographed so it was a race against the daylight to get pictures taken before it got too dark. 

While Wilf had his afternoon nap I snuck into his bedroom to grab some props to style the photos (this is one of my favourite bits about running the shop.) As I took the photos I realised that the pieces I'd picked had been handmade by very talented members of my family, so I wanted to tell you more about these clever ladies here.

The first is my husband's very talented Aunty, Linda. She's an amazing artist and created the beautiful ceramic cupcakes you can see in the photos below. We're lucky enough to have a few of these cupcakes in our house and they're regularly moved from shelf to shelf and incorporated into my pottering. Linda's website can be found here, she also sells some stunning lamps so do take a look. 




Sam's cousin Josie (Linda's daughter) created the cute little owl you can see in the photo below. Wilf was the lucky recipient of him (I forget what we named him) for Christmas. She also gave him this lovely dog when he was born, his name is Plum. Her crochet skills are incredible and she's just set up a website which you can find here. I've already placed an order with her for some more owls for friends with new babies.




Lastly, I must credit my wonderful Mum who made the stuffed dog shown in this bunting photo. My mum has an incredible knack of being able to pop into her craft room and whip up lovely creations. Wilf was also given these when he was born and they sit proudly on his nursery shelf. I have a lot to learn from my Mum (not just in the craft room) and am very tempted to grill her on how to make these fellas, who knows you may even see them popping up for sale in the shop! 



Before I go, I thought you'd like to see this bunch of poppets sporting their little maldod vests over Christmas.



I was delighted to be sent photos of the vests being worn and look forward to seeing the new designs, like this mini mr vest being worn too.





To celebrate the new designs we are offering 15% off all vests until the end of the week. Why not pop over to the shop and take a look at the full range. To take advantage of this special offer just enter happyjan at the checkout and the discount will be applied.  
 
So there, some very good reasons to smile!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for reading. 
Lowri x


1 comment: