Thursday 5 December 2013

A tree and a pin cushion

Yesterday was one of those days. We all get them from time to time so I'm sure you know what I mean. The sort of day where your patience gets tested.

My morning was fairly peaceful and I enjoyed a quiet few hours working though some orders on the sewing machine. My time management didn't quite go to plan though which meant that my afternoon plans fell by the wayside. Luckily Wilf doesn't quite understand days of the week yet (well, not in the slightest) so he was oblivious to the fact we'd missed our mum and toddler group, but I was most disappointed. I decided to write it off as a shame and to just get on with the rest of the afternoon.

However by tea time, my resolve to "keep calm and carry on" was slipping. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th Christmas bauble fatality of the week, an entire plate of food moving quickly from high chair to the floor and a kicked dog bowl of water over the floor didn't really help matters.

Pre crunch
However, it was amidst all of this (whilst trecking to the green house head torch in place in search of an onion for our dinner) that I caught a glimpse of this....
Our jolly little Christmas tree twinkling away in the lounge window. It's amazing what some fairy lights can do to lift the spirits! In a moment I went from grumpy Mumma to a (still frazzled) much chirpier person.

It also made me stop and think about the nicer parts of my day. In particular when a friend popped by to give me the sweetest, most thoughtful gift to celebrate me launching little maldod. This little pin cushion chair.

I know they're just simple things but they really did brighten up my day and for that, I'm very thankful.

I hope you find pleasure in the simple things today.

Lowri xx

No comments:

Post a Comment